Free automated DMX control software for DJs.
Q: Isn't this reinventing the wheel?
Q: Are you sure?
A: Some of the features you will find in existing DMX programs.
Of the free ones out there, few hit the mark. Bear in mind, DMX is not made for DJs.
First you find a program that looks promising. Then after watching many tutorial videos and wading through menus of obscurity to learn how to use the basics, you realise that its more complicated than it should be, and easily forgotten during a live performance. Not good. By the time you are comfortable in using a DMX program, you begin to realise it has shortfalls. Not good at all.
Q: So, what's the point?
A: There is no point. You want something good, you pay. And you get limitations.
Q: Why are we even having this conversation?
A: With all this in mind, I decided to make my own software. I think you will enjoy it.
DMXify focusses on these strict requirements:
- Free. No time-limits.
- Easy setup. Basic features you would expect should work out of the box with little to no setup.
- Intuitive flow. More advanced features should come naturally with little to no guide necessary.
- Ready-made. Choose from common presets and MIDI mappings.
- Easily customizable. Create and share your own presets and mappings.
- Online Template library. Find new fixtures, MIDI devices, and share DMX sequences with the world.